Monday 9 November 2015

Time to enjoy life as an ADULT!

The past  couple of weeks have been stressful, uncomfortable, and generally frustrating. Trying to juggle treatments & appointments around ever changing schedules when the first line of treatment doesn't do what it should, while also not sleeping and being exhausted from the daily radiation treatments had me feeling very low. I was NOT feeling up to the going away party my fabulous friends organized for last Friday. But I also knew that so many had put in a lot to organize it and I didn't want to disappoint anyone by cancelling last minute. I am SO glad that I went!!

Being picked up by a Limo (surprise!) and having a bottle of wine (I'm allowed to have "a drink or two, but not a bottle") was only the beginning of a fabulous night. The glass of wine and young energy (3 kids 17-20 joined me for the ride) woke me up and helped to change my tired, stressed out mindset into one ready to be social and enjoy the company of the evening.

Many more surprises were in store at the beautifully set up event - special thanks to everyone who came out and to those who put so much effort into making the night memorable! From the radio station gifts & scrapbooks a lot of prep-work and time was obviously used by people who mean the world to us - THANK YOU!!!

The love & kindness & general silliness of the evening reminded me (again!) that life is too short to be stressed out about the small things. What I keep for the move vs what I get rid of really makes no difference (and the scrapbooks will make getting rid of many things easier!) and I should stop stressing about when things happen - it will all work out in the end :)

Friday evening returned me to the world of the living, and a great friend took me out for an afternoon of randomness on Saturday which is also greatly appreciated. I really needed these reminders to live life and have fun (especially right now while my daughter not here and I have the opportunity to be a grown-up!!!)

Thanks again to everyone near & far who have been so supportive!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic party with your friends. So happy you got to enjoy yourself and see everyone before heading to Ont.

    ReplyDelete