Sunday 15 November 2015

Random compliments :)

I got up this morning (after having not slept at all again last night) and decided that I had to make the best of my no-energy, no-sleep day. Within a couple of hours the steroids had kicked in and I was bouncing again :)

Day 3 of my pill-form chemo and other than a lot more hair falling out I am still feeling fairly well (no radiation on weekends helps!). I decided that I had the energy to head over to Shoppers for a couple of the supplements that I know would run out this week. At Shoppers, a lovely lady waiting at the pharmacy called out to me. She apologized for 'being rude', then complimented me on my confidence in going out with my scar and lack of hair showing so obviously. My response was 'thanks, it's only hair after all!'. She then told me a story about how one of her friends had been so vain and attached to her hair that she refused to let the dr's operate if her hair would be ruined, and ended up dying from lack of treatment.

Thanks to everyone who has complimented my short hair-style. I have never been particularly attached to my hair, but the support and compliments (even from strangers!) has certainly given me the confidence to be out in public without needing to hide or cover my head!

1 comment:

  1. You continue to amaze me Heather! Good for you, having the confidence to be you! And you should, there's no need to hide your scar or your thinning hair. You are a beautiful, strong woman and you should let the world see that!

    ReplyDelete