Friday 27 November 2015

Three Months Ago Today...

...My life was changed forever. The day before had been my last at work out in Morley as I had an MRI apt early in the morning (Aug 27) and needed the long weekend to prepare both Rori and myself to begin school Sept 1st. Amazing how quickly plans change!

Three months feels like a LONG time when you are away from your child, my heart, but I am so grateful that my family (especially J!) have been so supportive and accommodating through this process. Things are working out amazingly well - I leave Calgary in 2.5 weeks, after final radiation treatment on Dec 11th, and my baby brother is coming out to haul a trailer (plus me!) back to Hamilton.  My referral for follow ups in Hamilton are in process, I have spoken with their Juravinski Cancer Center to confirm move dates and they will schedule ASAP around the holidays. Things are looking positive!

If anyone needs random kitchen/cleaning items let me know ;) Trying to give away most of my things as they will not be needed, or have been given to me, etc. Luckily there are some families in my building who are collecting furniture as I empty shelves etc, but no one seems interested in more dishes or plastic storage containers (which apparently I have WAY too many of! LOL). Hoarding and over-buying are NOT conducive to easy moves!

Anyway, it has only been three months but it feels like a lifetime. And my roller-coaster is really just beginning! Almost time to go start a  new life in a strange place...

No comments:

Post a Comment